Friday, February 18, 2011

What Do You Want?!

I am a procrastinator. I have had about 3 weeks to work on a exegesis of Genesis 6, and now it is due sometime today. This is a big paper, I have checked out the books, I have done a little bit of sourcing, but for the most part, I haven't done much. I see a reoccurring theme looming; major issues/papers/ext. are usually pushed to be dealt with later.

The paper I feel like will not be a huge loss. I feel that after I am done with this post, that I could crank it out in a few hours, no problem. What I am worried about though, is what am I going to do about the other issues. I feel like I have a major issue on my hands, of what my future holds for me. On the one side, I could go in a certain direction; financial stability, great opportunities and what not. Or I could go down the other side; uncertainty.
I have had this issue looming over me for a little while now, and I continue to push it under the rug. I continue to think about it a lot, but the one thing that I seem to keep pushing back is praying about it. For some reason every time I have an opportunity to pray about this issue, I am either distracted, nervous, or something is trying to stop me.

I wonder why that is such a big deal, am I afraid of what God is gonna tell me. I think to an extent that is the issue, but I think what I am really scared of is God not saying anything. What if I don't have a clear answer, what if I have to lean on my faith, and then what if I am wrong. I don't want to hurt anyone, and I hate the thought of making a very bad decision.

There will come a time when I have to make this decision, and I will have to be open to God about this....




In other news: the first 2 posts have been deep. This weekend I am going skiing/snowboarding/tubing with about 5 kids. The next post shouldn't be to deep. Unless I see a burning bush on the ski slopes, or someone gets hurt. Knock on wood! But not into a tree! Bad Joke.

Farewell!

1 comment: