Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Our Parents

Yesterday went from a really bad day to a really good day. My mom was supposed to come down for the week in Anderson, but because of the ice had cancelled yesterday morning. Throughout the day different events unfolded, and it was not one of my favorite days ever. Then I got a call around 3 pm that my mom was headed down.

I am not really a lovey kind of guy, I need my space just as much as the next person, but yesterday, I needed my mom. I hadn't seen here since Christmas, and I really was looking forward to spending some time with her, and to think that wasn't going to happen really sucked.

I don't ever think it matters how old you become, we all have the instinct where we just want to see our Mom or Dad. We have this need for when we are in pain, or stressed that says, "I need my momma!" ha ha. It was really good to see her, it took away for the brief time the stresses of life, and I was able to enjoy the company of a family member, and here stories and updates of my families life in my absence.

I don't care how old or mature you are; we all have the urge at some point that just says, "I need them, I need someone to take care of me." You never feel guilty, you never feel like a mooch, because they are your family. They are your caregivers, they are the ones that fed you, burped you, laid you down for naps, put band aids on, ect. It is always good to have someone that take's care of you.

I love you Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment