Monday, February 21, 2011

fun time's to be had

This past weekend I was able to go with the Youth from the Bridge to Mad River Mountain Ski/Snowboard Resort. It was incredible. Great time was had with the youth and youth leaders, skiing and snowboarding this slopes and hanging out in the lodge. Thankfully no one was to hurt, and we all came back in one piece.

It was good to get away for a weekend of just pure enjoyment. Being able to hang out with the youth, a lot of them experienced in snowboarding or skiing. I am glad to say that I did not hurt myself once on the trip; which is a personal record. When I was apart of Youth group back in Michigan, I successfully hurt myself a lot at skiing, and most youth events.

I learned something this weekend. Have you ever had a moment where someone brings something to your attention; whether it be a comment, prediction or insight into something they see, and you realize that you have felt that all along. You never gave it much thought before, or you didn't want to give the issue much thought.

I had that this weekend, and the person brought something up to my attention. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew the thought all along, but to know someone else saw it as well, I was/am transparent. Shoot. A-game lost.

Most importantly though, this weekend was a blessing, good times spent with good people!

No comments:

Post a Comment