Friday, February 25, 2011

Sneaky God :)

I was hanging out with some friends the other night, and as we were talking, one of the guys mentioned a saying that a friend of his always says. The saying was "Sneaky God". The person would say, "You sneaky God" or "Oh Sneaky God" with the mindset that God was sneaking up on this person, that things were happening unexpectedly, or sneaking.

The point that I am going to write about is not to say that God is sneaky, because I feel like God would take offense to that ha ha. In no way do I think God is a sneaky character, trying to slither through a situation, or creep around; popping in and out of clarity or our lives. God is the truth, the way, and the life; and thats not sneaky.

What I think this person is saying by this statement, and what I get from this, is that we are oblivious. We are so wrapped up in our human selves, that we don't even have the capability to see what God is up to. We are caught up in the self centered life, that we go by oblivious to the will of God.

I wonder if this is why we feel blindsided sometimes by God. We all have had this feeling, that what we feel to be God's will, or something that feels like a God moment just hits us with a ton of bricks, and we are crushed.


I am going to try and think this out through typing, so this is not truth in anyway, just my self centered human thoughts.


We are caught up in our routine. We are human, worried about human things. What do people think of me? Am I going to be successful? Does that person like me? What am I doing with my life? All valid things, but we get wrapped up in them. We become self centered, worrying and fixated with what we are going to do, act, and live. In this process we start to lose focus of our surroundings, other people, and God.

Our relationship with God is on the fade, we start to lose sight of what we see as Gods plan for our lives. God's plan is never changing, but our perception of truth, and what's going on around us is blurred. Since God is never changing, His will never stops, and whether it is God dumbing it down to break through our blurred eyes, or we finally just run back into the will, it seems to be this dramatic process that is life changing, when in fact it never had changed; we just couldn't see it anymore.


I wonder if this plays into Jesus' message on do not worry.



Not only does worrying cause anxiety, but it blurs our vision to the truth.


God is truth. It blurs our vision to God. And the dramatic process cycles.


God is not sneaky, and never does His will sneak up on us. It is when we become so blurred to reality and the truth, does it feel we are being snuck up on.


My glasses seem to be a little smudged as well. Maybe its time to clean them; and see clearer

1 comment:

  1. Great reflections. I wonder if God seems "sneaky" sometimes because after we come to an understanding of a portion of His will for us, we can look back and see how a variety of persons and circumstances worked together to lead us to our point of realization. God was at work, but our limitations of human wisdom and insight prevented us from seeing the painting of God's picture for us. Steve

    ReplyDelete